AVK SMART WATER, VIDI CAP for storz
VIDI Cap is a smart hydrant cap installed on fire hydrants e.g. on AVK's S84. VIDI Cap registers the hydrant cap's position and transmits data by utilising LoRa® long-range radio communication technology.
VIDI Cap for Storz is a smart cap providing information about the open or close status of hydrant outlets. It detects if the cap is being taken off the hydrant outlet and transmits data wirelessly. The device can be installed on new or already existing hydrants with a threaded Storz B outlet.
By regularly transmitting data, VIDI Cap provides information about the hydrant cap's position. With continuous monitoring, VIDI Cap can help detect unauthorised use and minimise theft and the amount of Non-Revenue Water via hydrants.
- Communication: NB-IoT (band 8 & 20) or LoRa® (868MHz)
- Detects the open or close status of the hydrant outlet and transmits data to the VIDI Cloud or a third-party software
- Material: Robust plastic cover, IP68
- Easy provisioning and configuration via NFC (app)
- Operating temperature: -40 up to +65 °C
- Fits on: Threaded Storz B couplings
- Connection key: Oval or triangle
- Thread size: Rd 65 x 1/6
- Transmits data immediately when the cap position change and retransmit the value after 5 min, 10 min, 1 hr, 6 hrs, 12 hrs, 24 hrs.
- Transmits a keep-alive signal every 24 hrs if the position has not changed
- Embedded battery with a 10-year lifespan
- Max. voltage output: 3.6 V
- Size: 1x AA-cell (NB-IoT and LoRa®)
- Capacity / cell: 2600 mAh
Reference nos. and dimensions:
|2.||ASA plastic Luran S 778T|
|3.||Screws, external||Stainless steel A2|